Have you ever asked yourself why Turkey is a destination for investors and tourists? In Turkey, all the remarkable factors of financial investment and tourism come together, along with the wonderful nature and glamorous tourist attractions as well, Turkey’s prosperous economic climate promises promising investment opportunities, especially in the major cities such as Bursa and Istanbul. Therefore, many foreigners intend to obtain Turkish residence to obtain freedom of movement within Turkey, education and learning as well as health services for them and their families, as well as to obtain Turkish citizenship after several years. The easiest way to obtain real estate accommodation is to buy a residential property in Turkey.
In this article, we will summarize the most important problems and steps required if you wish to obtain real estate residency in Turkey:
What is real estate residence in Turkey?
It is a document given by the Turkish Immigration Directorate to real estate investors in Turkey. Real estate residency in Turkey has the potential to be renewed annually as long as the investor remains in and owns his property.
Conditions for obtaining real estate residency in Turkey
The Turkish government offers many facilities for foreigners wishing to invest and reside in Turkey. Anyone wishing to obtain a real estate home in Turkey is required to:
– Owning a house regardless of the type or size of the property (apartment, independent house, or villa…). He lives in it.
– The building must not be one of the areas prohibited from buying foreign homes, nor must the alien be a national prohibited from possessing property in Turkey. The Turkish government does not allow individuals from certain countries to acquire real estate in Turkey, such as Syria, Armenia, and North Korea.
– The wife and children under the age of 18 may obtain real estate residence in Turkey provided that a share of the property is registered in their name.
– At the beginning of 2022, the Turkish government set the minimum price for residential or commercial properties to be at least US $ 75 thousand.
How to get a property residence in Turkey in Bursa City
The journey to acquire a property home in Turkey begins when buying the property and also obtaining the title deed “Tabu”.
The next step is to schedule a consultation with the Turkish Immigration Directorate by filling out the application on their site.
While you wait for your appointment start immediately by preparing the necessary paperwork for your property stay in Turkey, namely:
- Ownership of the property “Tabu”.
- Seismic Property Insurance Policy (DASK).
- A paper from the municipality containing the property number and coordinates called Numarataj
- Tax number (can be extracted from the nearest tax department near the residential property).
- Passport valid for more than 6 months for the owner.
- Medical insurance.
- 4 Personal Photos.
On the day of the interview, make sure you are on schedule. If your property residency application in Turkey includes your family members, you should all be present to hand over the required documents to the responsible employee.
After you pay the fees charged for residency in Turkey, you only wait for your real estate residence to be granted in Turkey and to receive the document that proves it.
If you have any questions regarding Turkish citizenship or obtaining residential or commercial property in Turkey, please feel free to contact us.